This article covers the steps to follow if you want to upgrade from the free NinjaFirewall WP or Pro Edition to the WP+ or Pro+ Edition.
WP to WP+ upgrade
- Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click on Plugins and make sure you are using the latest version of NinjaFirewall WP Edition. If you aren't, update it.
- Go to NinjaFirewall > Firewall Options > Export configuration to export your current settings.
- Go back to the Plugins page and uninstall NinjaFirewall.
- Log in to your NinjaFirewall account at https://secure.nintechnet.com/login/ and download the WP+ Edition.
- From your WordPress admin dashboard, click on Plugins > Add New > Upload Plugin > Browse and select the downloaded WP+ Edition ZIP file.
- Enable NinjaFirewall and click on its main menu to proceed with the installation.
- After the installation, go to the NinjaFirewall > Firewall Options menu and re-import your configuration.
Note: It is important to make sure that your NinjaFirewall WP version is the same as the WP+ one, otherwise you will not be able to re-import your configuration if they have mismatched version numbers.
Pro to Pro+ upgrade
- Log in to your NinjaFirewall account at https://secure.nintechnet.com/login/, download the Pro+ Edition and unpack the ZIP file.
- Connect to your website FTP server.
- Upload and overwrite your current Pro version with the Pro+ version files (your configuration will be preserved).
- Log in to your admin console, click on Account > License and enter your Pro+ Edition license.
- Click on the Firewall > Overview page and make sure it reads
Version: Pro+ Edition.